Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Outreach thoughts

I can't believe it's only been only 10 days since I left Mazatlan, but it also feels like its been a month. Time passes so differently here. Everything is new and changing daily. It's incredible. 

The biggest thing we've been doing is rehab ministry. Even though I don't relate to these people's lifestyles, I love these times a lot. They are just broken people who need to know the love & change that Jesus brings. They have such a hunger & our goal is to empower them to seek Him out personally. I've taught twice & help led worship as well. The first time was in a women's center & I taught in the woman at the well which went well. The women were touched & that story impacted them. In the other rehab, I didn't really feel like my teaching was efficient. However, our time there was beautiful so I'm just trusting the Holy Spirit & how He chose to move. In total, we will have done rehab ministry 11 times in 6 days. Sometimes, the spiritual atmospheres are heavy but I've been learning more about spiritual warfare & how to fight effectively. Our battle is not against flesh & blood but against principalities & powers of darkness. The Bible is clear on this & it's an important part of being a disciple of Jesus. There have been times when people are released from oppression & the change is evident in their physical bodies. Thankfully, there have been no demon manifestations but freedom has come. My team is ready; only because we rely on the Holy Spirit. That's an overview of rehab, but we've done other things as well. 

Over the weekend, we went to a community in the mountains called JabalĂ­. On Saturday we did a 2-hour kids' program about God dreaming with you. Then, on Sunday, we ran the service for the church there. There was worship, a drama, & one of the girls preached. Being there was so cool. The pastor was an evangelist & still has a heart for reaching the unreacted parts of Mexico. It wasn't easy though. We slept on concrete floors for a night & ate some food that wasn't my favorite. These are tiny things but worth mentioning. Serving God isn't comfortable all the time. However, in the eyes of eternity, it's always worth it. 

That's the end of my ministry update but I want to give you an overview of our coming plans. It's not much but we're leaving for Guadalajara on Thursday morning around 5:30 am. Pray for good rest & safe travels. Thank you!

All the fun pictures:

























No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Way: May Newsletter

                There are so many things that the LORD has been teaching me every day that to share them all would take more than one post. ...