Sunday, January 29, 2023

DTS: Week 3


               It has been another incredible week of God working in the lives of the people here! The main focus was the Father heart of God and unfortunately, lots of people here have had abusive, absent, or awful dads. On Tuesday we talked about how God created ALL people, men and women, with equal value. He was really encouraging the guys to be strong protectors who were also playful and loving. We had a time of prayer/affirmation and guys went up to girls who had been scared of men and apologized on behalf of anyone who hurt them. They then spoke words of encouragement over the girls and some said it was the first time they had ever felt valued by a male before. It felt like waves of healing were washing over the room. On Wednesday, the focus was that God, as a good father, wanted us to be free from sin. Free from sexual thoughts and temptations, free from lies, and free from the bonds of hidden sin. Another thing we talked about was original design. This really impacted me. God made me just the way I am for a reason. If I don't like something about myself that's not a sin, I have accused the Maker of creating something faulty. That's rebellion and I'm done with it.  Another beautiful moment happened on Thursday. There was a time where people came up and shared some of the things they were struggling with. This DTS has been a safe place for vulnerability and accountability. When things are brought to the light, there is healing and transformation. 

         Please pray that God will keep bringing up things in my own life that need work and that I'll be open to correction. That He will provide guidance in all my plans and I will trust Him with all things. Also, please pray for the work here on base in the students' hearts as well as the lives being changed across the city. 

Whitney, and intern, and Lydia, volunteer, working hard


Jaden and Caren had a cake fight

early morning workout before... 

... and after

group ministry 

yummy ice cream close to base

Caren, Kisela, and i

sky pics :)

walking around town

I held an iguana!!

drank a coconut 



ceviche with shrimp, fish, and octopus 




No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Way: May Newsletter

                There are so many things that the LORD has been teaching me every day that to share them all would take more than one post. ...