Sunday, January 22, 2023

DTS: Week 2

 





             What a wonderful week! God is so good and I am so blessed to be here in this city and this environment. This week we learned about hearing the voice of God. The thing that I want to take into to my quiet time is when we talk to God, we have to set time aside to hear Him speak. We won't be able to hear Him if we're never silent. Also, I've also realized I've been hearing His voice but just in a different way than the people here. In YWAM, speaking in tongues during prayer and receiving word or visions for people is common and biblically practiced. During the first half on the week I was struggling with that. However, after processing on Friday, I feel like my eyes have been opened to all the unique ways God works in and how He uses different people and stories to glorify His name. That's the main reason He does anything; to glorify His name. What a great God we serve! That was the main spiritual thing this week but I have had so many fun times too. 

            On Saturday night we went to the Plaza Merchada and got dinner at a cute café called Totum.

late afternoon walk

some of the gang 

yummy drink

Us girls acting like bad boys

The boys acting like white girls

          Tuesday we had dinner at a staff members house and I felt so at home. They really had the gift of hospitality. 

such good conversation time

          Wednesday was a market trip

pigs' head

          Thursday was ministry day so I got to hang out kids and did some street evangelism as well.

the little boy on my lap fell asleep 

          Friday night we found out our outreach location. 

love my team

          Saturday was such a fun day! We were at the beach all day. I got burned pretty bad but it was a lot of fun. We went to a surfing beach so the boys rented surf boards while the rest of us swam. Afterwards, we saw dolphins and one of the guys and I got 50 feet away from them! 

       Today was a pretty tiring day. I had a relaxing morning with a long in-depth quiet time. Then, I wandered around the city close to base, went to the mall, and did laundry. 



such a cool spot


I feel ready for the upcoming week and what God has for me. If you could be praying for energy throughout the week and that I will be open to whatever God has for me! 


         











2 comments:

God's Way: May Newsletter

                There are so many things that the LORD has been teaching me every day that to share them all would take more than one post. ...