Saturday, January 14, 2023

DTS: Week 1



      I can’t believe it’s already been a whole week of being here. However, it also feels like it’s been months. Let me describe the base and kinda what my daily life looks like before I completely share what has felt like an emotional roller coaster. 

      A couple nights ago, my DTS school, Kingdom Seekers, had dinner with the founders and they shared their story. It’s so amazing how God has been providing for this base. This place is truly impacting the city around it. I live on base with 9 other girls in one room. We have storage, a bathroom, and all sleep on bunk beds. During the week we have meals, classes, work duties, ministries, and some free time on the weekends. My job throughout the week is dinner clean up. For ministry, I chose two. Yesterday I was able to work with kids and go into the community where they’re from and prayer for some people. I also chose burning hearts street evangelism. It was a good night and people were saved in other groups!!! All glory be to God! But, I didn’t talk to anyone. This is where the most tiring part of this week has come from.

   God has been showing me where I have so little faith and trust in His power to move through me to reach other people. I thought God made me for a life of quiet faithfulness and walking in the mundane of ordinary experiences. But, here I learned that 4 BILLION people haven’t heard the Gospel. Who am I to be quiet when so many don’t know His love, truth, forgiveness, and power? I’m praying that God will give my guidance and boldness to proclaim His name to all people even if there’s a language barrier. Please pray for me! I know God called me here and I know He has a purpose, BUT God‘s plan isn’t easy. I don’t know where my life is headed but I know from this moment on I will be different. My life is surrendered and I am on fire for Jesus!










  

2 comments:

  1. God is in control and God is enough.
    "May the talk that comes out of my mouth be always helpful and beneficial to others and may I be quicker to listen than to speak.

    ReplyDelete

God's Way: May Newsletter

                There are so many things that the LORD has been teaching me every day that to share them all would take more than one post. ...