Monday, February 27, 2023

DTS: Week 7

 



What a wonderful week! I have been in Durango México this whole time which has been such a great break from the constant busyness of Mazatlán. The YWAM base here is an extension of Mazatlán so things are done in similar ways. However, this base is just a house so feels like home. Us Kingdom Seekers are a big family and it's so comforting to me. Doing dishes, family-style meals, and life together is such a familiar atmosphere to me and is relaxing. 

During this week, we learned about relationships. It is deeply impactful. Even though I'm in a time of singleness right now (slightly forced :p), God has revealed so much wisdom for my life. First of all, we learned that being centered around God and making Him my first priority, cultivates a strong foundation for any relationship. When I love God, I love other people. These two things can not be separated. God measures my love for Him by the way I love my family, friends, and roommates. Also, by focusing on God's love, I can have a tangible love that covers a multitude of sins. We also learned about how sacred marriage is. It is a covenant to choose to love sacrificially every day for the rest of your life. I have been taught all of this growing up so it was just confirmation. However, God did reveal several epiphanies about how I personally think about romantic relationships. Because I've never had an official boyfriend, I want to do everything right the first time. This has made me slightly afraid to start anything. I tend to overthink and come to false conclusions or make rash decisions. Both aren't what God wants. I need to go slow so I can hear His voice and be dwelling in His presence at all times. It's encouraging though because our speakers made so many messes in their relationship but their marriage today is a beautiful example of Jesus. I need to have patience with myself as I figure out my feelings and when to act on them. 

This was kinda a summary of the teaching this week. Starting Monday, we'll be learning about the Holy Spirit. Half of the teaching will be done in the mountains! We will be tent camping for a portion of it. There are so many adventures to come but I want to recall the memories of today first.

Funny story, I jumped into a ceiling on Sunday night and was taken to the hospital (not necessary). It didn't hurt and the cut was small so I pulled an all-nighter. We stayed up watching movies, having pillow fights, having fun conversations, and seeing the sunrise. Jaden, Maddie, and Joel went to sleep but I started up all day to do laundry, pack, and get smoothies.

hospital

the sun is rising



fun group

Jaden, Maddie, and Joel


On Monday, we left base at 5:30 pm, and after a slightly hectic journey, we left on the bus at 7.
we all fit!

back row gals 
the gang's all here

we overpacked

ready to rumble

all the things 

On Tuesday the mountains were so beautiful in the morning and we ended with a bonfire. Praise God for singing, s'mores, and smoke.

the clouds :)

fire 

Wednesday was a chill day of classes and life.

sunrise

the bromance is real

On Thursday we had our day of ministry. I don't remember the name, but this group fed kids from the surrounding neighborhood every day. We played with the kids, told the story of Noah and the ark, served food, and cleaned up.

group game

all the kids

the girlies

Niqo and his banana 

 
delicious dinner

how I brushed my teeth without electricity 

Friday was a girls' night!! We did face masks, painted nails, and ate WAY too many brownies.

girlies

Saturday was our day of adventure. We packed into trucks and hiked to a river. It was such a fabulous time!

it's Mexico, we don't need real seats 

van crew

cold water

the whole group

hiking

what a wonderful life

Sunday was such a fun, full day. I woke up before breakfast, walked for 10 minutes, did my Bible time, and prayed. The Colombians, Nicky, and Daniel made arepas con queso with butter and salt on top. It was delicious! After breakfast, Bethany and I walked 5 miles to a coffee shop. It was so nice to talk and dive deeper into our friendship. I talked to my mama for a while and swung in the hammock which was so relaxing physically and mentally. Then, one of the base staff, Priscilla, had a birthday picnic that she invited us to. We ate sushi, made flower crowns, and took cute pictures. A group of us then went to the Centro for window shopping and ice cream.

cute lighting

breakfast prep

arepas

Coffee 

calling the mama

Nicky & I

golden hour

Bethany & I

a gaggle of girls

flower maidens 

cathedral 

fountain 

ice cream

Uber ride

It was such a fun week! Please be praying for financial help! Outreach fees are due this Wednesday and 7 people are still not paid off. We need around $20,000. Personally, I would love prayer for more spiritual growth and that I will be constantly becoming more like Christ. Also, that I will be comfortable with the uncomfortable. 
Thank you all for your support and prayers! God bless! 









2 comments:

  1. How blessed I am to have you as my granddaughter. !!! I am learning from you as you write about your spiritual growth and relationships. Keep growing. Always in prayer for you and your team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the pictures and the wonderful adventure you're on! Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts and experiences! And thanks for calling your mama!! :)

    ReplyDelete

God's Way: May Newsletter

                There are so many things that the LORD has been teaching me every day that to share them all would take more than one post. ...