Sunday, February 12, 2023

DTS: Week 5

 


          Dang! This was such a character building week. Our topic for the week was the Lordship of Jesus, and the Holy Spirit was convicting me the entire time. We learned about rights we need to die to so that we can be fully surrendered and submitted to Jesus. We can't just see Jeus as our Savior but as our Master first. I don't have the right to understand everything, earthly possessions,  being right, and several other things that were things in my daily life that were hindering me from being fully under Christ's lordship. I am in DTS, Die To Self school. This means God is sanctifying my speech, personality, and character in a whole new level. Also, we learned about having a unoffendable heart. I must put into practice not getting offended and forgiving at all times no matter what. Keep in mind that this was just the teaching! God was working in many other ways as well. 

        First of all, we have Carnaval starting tomorrow!! We have been praying over this time and are confidant that God will do great things. We have teams from all over the world here on base to impact the city during this time. I will be doing the Cafe ministry where we will be handing out free coffee, taking to people about their stories, and sharing Jesus. During this time, other ministries like intercession, miracles, evangelism, art, and dance will be running as well. Please be praying for this!! 

           On Thursday, ministry day, I had wonderful times in prayer and God revealed so much about who He made me to be. I am a warrior for the Kingdom of Heaven. My heart burns for the nation's and those who don't know Jesus. Lastly, I can't go back into passivity. I don't what God is going to do with this information, but I'm excited to follow wherever He leads. Racham was good and I was able to walk the kids back to their houses. It's heartbreaking. They live in such poor, dirty conditions. It's not a safe place for children to be because they play near the crumbling concrete and piles of trash. I'm so glad God has created this ministry to help these kids. We ended the week with a late night of talking and smoothies.

         During the weekend, I went and got coffee several times, enjoyed the beach, stayed up too late, had deep conversations, got smoothies, and just enjoyed the place and people God has given me. Keep me in your prayers and enjoy the pictures!


classroom view

carnival prep!

a community of prayer

morning coffee

Joel is Indian now

coffee time

walking to the beach


No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Way: May Newsletter

                There are so many things that the LORD has been teaching me every day that to share them all would take more than one post. ...