Sunday, November 28, 2021

Operation Christmas Child


 Hey, y'all! 


This has been the fifth year of me doing Operation Christmas Child (OCC) for my birthday and I just wanted to take you along for the process. For those of you who don't know, or need a little reminder, OCC is a nonprofit organization that has been partnering with local churches around the world to gift needy children with a shoebox of gifts. Volunteers and regular people like you, pack shoeboxes filled with school supplies, hygiene items, and fun toys that are used as a key to sharing the Gospel in other countries. If you want more information here is the link to their website. 

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/

While I'm asking for donations, I'm also looking around for good deals, especially for school supplies. This year I was able to get notebooks for 20¢ each, sharpeners for 25¢ each, and colored pencils for $1. Once I receive money, I figure what I can buy in bulk, usually from Amazon or the dollar store. As the year progresses, my closet fills up with supplies. 







It is so much fun being able to fill up my cart with fun things that I know will put a smile on these girls' faces. I can imagine them squeezing the stuffed animal, wrapping the scarf around their neck, and learning how to sew. Sometimes, I feel obligated to find things throughout the year and get stressed trying to do Operation Christmas Child, work, and all my school stuff as well. But, when I start buying fun items, I am filled with joy. This is why I do this. I can't wait to see these girls in heaven. 

    Once I'm ready to pack the boxes, I lay everything out around my room and it takes up most of my space. 





Thank you for all of your support! Because of your generous donations, I was able to pack 30 AMAZING boxes, cover the shipping costs, and have extra money to provide the Greatest Gift booklets. Thank you! Thank you!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Way: May Newsletter

                There are so many things that the LORD has been teaching me every day that to share them all would take more than one post. ...