Sunday, May 26, 2024

God's Way: May Newsletter

 


              There are so many things that the LORD has been teaching me every day that to share them all would take more than one post. However, this is what Jesus has been doing from day one. In John, it says that if all the works of Jesus were written down, the world could not contain the books that would be written. I want my life to be the same. I want every day to be a testimony of the faithfulness of God. I never want to reach a point where He isn't teaching me something or I have gotten stagnant or passive in my faith. If I keep seeking His face daily & remain in His presence, I am confident that I will be transformed. And shouldn't that be our whole life goal? To glorify Jesus in all that we do & be transformed into His likeness. Even though I'm only 19, I am confident that I cannot do anything on my own & my way sucks. I am insufficient & incapable. But God. Isn't that a beautiful phrase? But God. With that phrase, there is suddenly hope & a thousand marvelous possibilities. I will choose to embrace that phrase with my whole being & walk in those promises. I may be doing things I have never done before, but God in His goodness is renewing me more every day & I am so grateful for that. This season is filled with ups & downs but God is faithful & true through it all.

One of the many things God has been using me for has been kids ministry. As a leader, my ministry has looked different than normal. I have been learning to have hands like Martha & a heart like Mary. Because of this, I wasn't expecting to have a ton of time for normal ministry times. However, God made a way. I had the opportunity to participate in a program our bases did for the local children. I was able to sit, play, & connect with them to show them the love of Jesus. We also talked with the moms & shared a Bible message. 

Another time I had, was doing a Mother's Day event. We partnered with a local church to pour into women in a neighborhood outside of Mazatlan. These are the families that we build houses for, so they have low incomes & fewer opportunities. While other people talked with the moms, 4 other girls & I played with 25 kids who were 8 & under. It was definitely a growing experience but God was able to give me opportunities to share His peace & love with these kids. 

In the base, we have also had deeper times of seeking the LORD & expanding His kingdom. Recently, we went out to the city together as a base to do street evangelism & worship. I had a sweet conversation with one man about his walk with the Lord. He had such a hunger for the Word & wanted to grow in his relationship with God. I was able to share some Bible verses & also lead him to a church where he can hopefully get connected with a Bible study. Please be praying for him & His growth. 

Also, I will be coming home June 29th-July 14th!!!! If you want to connect during that time, please reach out when I am back & we can get coffee & chat. 

Prayer Points:

  • that the wisdom of God will mark my life & I will rest in the knowledge that His grace His sufficient for me
  • continued opportunities for ministry 
  • safe travels on upcoming trips 
face painting

song time

connections

little kids

more songs

piñata

pizza

my flowers

Mother's Day event

desserts

game time

kids team

making food for base

my Anna

praying

evangelism groups

reaching for His glory

sea urchin surgery

happiness

burger buddy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace & Rest: June Newsletter

    " I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with my (loving) eye." Palms 32:8     This mont...